Do you believe we should never stop learning? GANT, the original in American Sportswear, strives to be an Employer of Choice in 70+ global markets. If you want to challenge convention and make clothes for the courageous, curious and creative, then join us on this journey!
About the team and your role
As part of the Planning and Merchandise Team, you will be responsible for making sure that the company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will ensure that the budget is set for the assigned area and that the spend is approved and properly carried out. Identify and report on financial risks and opportunities, providing succinct, clear commentary and insight for the assigned area of duty. The team consists of 3 Business planners where you report to the Head of Business Planning. Together we work towards the vision of becoming cost-efficient and to meet our customers demands of products.
For assigned area
- Responsible for the stock intake budget.
- Responsible for the stock intake budget for carry forward lines and NOS to achieve company sales plans.
- Translate annual budgets into seasonal budgets, feeding into range planning, and providing a benchmark for seasonal sales reporting.
- Create category & subcategory plans that roll up to deliver company targets
- Responsible for driving regular reviews, highlighting risks and opportunities, forecasted sales, stock levels & OTB.
- Create ad hoc reports to support the business; inclusive of, but not limited to, weekly sales and inventory reports, and highlight risks
- Build the Top-down Forecast/budget per assigned area for all retail channels and corners full-price, outlet and e-com in alignment with the brand strategy and financial targets;
- Develop and set a one-year budget and multi-year financial plans, in collaboration with finance.
- Leverage analytics and marketplace insights to identify consumer needs & opportunities
- Develop and maintain annual, seasonal, and monthly spending plans
Plan Reconciliation & OTB Management
- Manage retail OTB. Review OTB on a monthly basis for accuracy and validity.
- Provide seasonal targets to category business units that ensure the total business can achieve its financial goals.
- Forecast the projected seasonal close-out drop for outlet store
- Bachelor's Degree within a relevant field
- 2 years experience of retail merchandising or other experience we consider as equivalent
- Experience in inventory management with a focus on shrink and profit margins
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of fashion industry in conjunction with different channels of distribution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; computer proficient with Microsoft applications
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong systems understanding
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Fluently in English, both orally and written
How to apply?
Apply with your CV and a cover letter by 2021/01/24. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.