If you are a passionate and innovative Junior Designer, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Stockholm based Mens Design Team. You will work in an environment driven by passion, innovation and authenticity in the world of Original American Sportswear.
About the team
As part of the Mens Design Team, you will be involved in designing & developing the Jersey product group within the Global Menswear Assortment. You will work in close collaboration with the Jersey Designer, where you will support and execute a wide range of tasks to create a strong assortment with Gants heritage and future as a Modern American Lifestyle brand in mind. The position as Junior Designer will be reporting to the Design Director Menswear. The role gives you the possibility to work in an exciting and positive environment where you can develop and grow as a designer.
- Support the Designer in the research on relevant trends and Products.
- Support the Designer in the development of products, connected to the GANT brand strategy and ensure that each product enhance the GANT D.N.A.
- Following and translating the Design Direction given by the Design Director into a commercial and brand driving assortment, linked to GANT's identity as a modern lifestyle brand.
- Support and partner with product development and take responsibility to execute each style with correct information to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Understanding the importance of balance within the collection triangle, from core to brand drivers, distinguish and define the purpose of each product.
- Understanding the importance of following and working close to the Critical Path,
- being organised to meet the deadlines that are set by the department in order to execute the collection.
- Preparing garment worksheets and style overviews for check point presentations and following up of each style selected for the collection.
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be put in PLM, completed on a high standard for sending to suppliers and buying offices.
- Follow the process of the development of all styles, from idea, sketch all the way to bulk, to ensure best product.
- Following up on changes that relate to each style on a daily basis.
- Work well in a team environment utilising strong communication skills.
- Assist at sample checks and fit meetings, ensuring that quality, silhouette and production of each product reaches the aimed standard.
- Assists with trim, print, fabric and color approvals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Men’s fashion design or related field required.
- Preferably 1-3 years experience in a fashion environment working with menswear in related design area.
- Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be able to draw in Illustrator and create tech packs.
- Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- High level of attention to detail needed.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English is a must.
- An organised designer that appreciate working in the fast pace of the fashion business and have an ability of staying focused in the process of multi seasonal work.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio by 2020/02/25. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.