Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Finance department in the role as Financial Controller you will be responsible for accounting and reporting of some of the Swedish legal entities of the GANT Group. You are a key member who will deliver the work necessary to support key stakeholders at GANT headquarters to drive the business forward. Together we deliver the necessary core data and relevant analysis for decision making.
- Timely and accurately close the books of some of the Swedish legal entities.
- Responsible for following the GANT Group Accounting policy. Ensure adherence to Swedish accounting standards (K2 & K3). Maintain a walk between local GAAP and GANT GAAP, including comments / explanations of material differences.
- Perform month-end activities such as bookings of accruals, fixed assets, VAT, account reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations etc.
- Report the entities in the group consolidation software, including applicable account specifications.
- Declaration of VAT and initiate payments of VAT and preliminary corporate tax. Liaison with Tax authorities.
- Report statistical data to Statistics Sweden (SCB).
- Perform year-end activities: Calculate final corporate tax, prepare tax calculation. Prepare an annual report.
- Answer questions from auditors, tax advisors and tax authorities. Provide written information.
- Participate in, and in some instances lead, improvement projects with regards to accounting and internal controls.
- University degree within accounting, finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a similar position or experience from an international audit firm.
- Gained experience and knowledge in accounting, financial analysis, GAAP
- Proven experience from group consolidation of foreign subsidiaries and accounting of mergers & acquisitions.
- Fluent oral and written English
- Great skills in Excel
- We believe that you have a Hands-on attitude and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Highly structured but also possesses flexibility and can-do attitude in order to find ways forward.
- Experience working in SAP, Hyperion and / or Tagetik is meriting
- . Knowledge of German and / or French in written and/or oral.
- Experience from the retail/fashion industry.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by 2020/08/30 We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Get to know us by following Lifeatgant.