Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Mens Design Team, you will be involved in designing & developing specific product groups within the Global Menswear Assortment. We currently have two vacancies, one within Jersey and one within Knitwear. The position as Designer reports to the Design Manager for Menswear. The role gives you the possibility to work in an exciting and positive environment where you get the opportunity to create a strong assortment with GANT's heritage and future as a Modern American Lifestyle brand in mind. You will be part of an international and creative team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Design and execute the category range, according to creative and business direction and the GANT DNA.
- Preparing and updating tech packs, overviews.
- Uploading and updating articles in PLM.
- Preparing sourcing document.
- Selection of material and trims related to direction.
- Silhouette and fit.
- Researching trend and commercial newness within product category.
- Understanding the relevance of all collection layers, define purpose of each product.
- Secure product excellence throughout the full design process.
- Work according to the Critical Path and being organized to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a fashion environment in a related design area.
- Bachelor degree in Fashion Design.
- Strong use of Adobe Suite (Ai, Ps, In).
- Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of silhouette, materials and details.
- Strong creativity, trend and commercial awareness.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English is a must.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio by 2020/10/25. Please specify if you are interested in a position within Knitwear or Jersey. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.