Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Product Team, you will be responsible for maximising returns on investment and achieve growth through effective and commercially focused buying and product strategies. The position as Product Manager reports to the Product Director. We have one vacancy within Knitwear and Jersey for Menswear and one with the combination of Kids & Teens, Accessories, Home and Licensees. The role gives you the possibility to work in an exciting and positive environment where you get the opportunity to develop and execute product strategy and manage operational efficiencies to streamline and grow your business. You will be part of an international team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Manage and oversee category range plan including segmentation, price architecture, RRP’s, margin structure, etc.
- Key liaison to design counterparts, Collection Planning and Sourcing/Production operations teams.
- Lead the category financial success by securing sales, margin, inventory targets and new business opportunities.
- Initiating, tracking, ordering & approval of all prototypes & samples in accordance with calendar and vendor requirements.
- Facilitate execution of product briefs. Track development status from concept to SMS approval.
- Partner with global Sourcing team for Supplier on-boarding, allocation, cost & lead time negotiation.
- Coordinate a complete and accurate seasonal handover to production, including any market comments and changes.
- Responsible for negotiations of garment costs and pre-costing to secure best quality at best price.
- Secure margin transparency; reviewing costs at all stages of development.
- Follow-up sell-out figures on weekly basis and take appropriate action.
- Responsible to conduct consumer and market research to drive product improvements.
- Management of PLM system within category ensuring data integrity.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Director, Collection Manager and Collection Planners to deliver against collaborations, Exclusives and market specific capsule collections.
- Partner with Samples team to ensure on-time delivery of salesman samples and oversee the showroom set up for category focus rooms.
- Close partnering with Planning & Merchandising and Collection planning receiving feedback on new collections and to inform them of future collections.
- Build and lead a highly engaged team of Product Developers.
- Lead operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate timelines and ensure all deliverables are met.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ retail/apparel experience within Product management, merchandising, buying, or equivalent experience; preferably in international environment.
- 3+ years as a manager, proven track record in leading a team to execute on an aligned multi-year business strategy driving results for the brand year over year.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Works well as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to collaborate, influence, and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; English a must.
- Results Oriented, embodies curiosity and takes action to drive results.
- Structured, Passionate, Innovative, Problem Solver, Customer focused, Proactive, Change agent, Executive.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter (in English) at the latest by 2020/10/25. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.