Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Product Team, you will be responsible for cultivating and creating a comprehensive seasonal assortment and framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals. The position as Product Director reports to the EVP Product & Design. The overall category responsibility includes Kids & Teens, Accessories, Home and Licensees. The role gives you the possibility to work in an exciting and positive environment where you get the opportunity to lead and coach a Product Team, including Product and Design Managers, Designers and Product Developers, to create a compelling seasonal framework that links cohesively across all categories. You will be part of an international team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Establish and drive 3-5 year strategic business plan for respective product division(s).
- Lead the research, definition, development and execution of the divisional product strategic roadmap (including Trims, Labels).
- Responsible to provide strategic and tactical support across product categories to secure product excellence and revenue growth.
- Lead divisional product pricing recommendations and strategies that align with financial targets.
- Partner with Global Sourcing & Production team to secure Best in class supplier base.
- Partner with Global Collection Planning and Planning & Merchandising team to ensure respective assortment/ framework meets the consumer and business needs across all channels including sales analysis and Global RRP strategy.
- Partner with Global Innovation & Sustainability regarding Strategic roadmap.
- Identify BU opportunities and risks; initiate action plans with relevant Product Manager and x-functions such as Collection Planning, Sales, Planning & Merchandising and Marketing.
- Manage range size and offer within agreed Range target.
- Drive and oversee competitor analysis.
- Drive for continual process improvements across all milestones through the ability to influence business partners and secure the right product, right time.
- Motivate, build and develop skills of the team.
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners.
- Lead operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate timelines and ensure all deliverables are met.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience within product management, merchandising, retail/wholesale buying, or equivalent experience; preferably in international environment.
- 5+ years as a manager, proven track record in leading a team to execute on an aligned multi-year business strategy driving results for the brand year over year
- University degree within relevant area preferred.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Dynamic leadership skills and the ability to influence and lead in driving change in the.
- Proven track record of driving business results and profitability and maximize ROI.
- Expertise in vendor negotiations and management.
- Work well as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to collaborate, influence, and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; English a must.
- Results oriented, embodies curiosity and takes action to drive results,
- Structured, passionate, innovative, problem solver, customer focused, proactive, change agent, executive.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter (in English) at the latest by 2020/10/25. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.