Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Product Team, you will be responsible for driving the product development process from initial design concept through commercialization. The position as Product Developer reports to the Product Manager. We currently have a vacancy within Woven in our Women's team to cover a parental leave for 10 months starting mid/end of Nov. The role gives you an opportunity to play a central part in the product creation process at GANT. It is crucial that you have a strong sense and understanding of fabrics, trims and high quality as well as passion for sales driven products together with a sharp commercial eye. You will be part of an international team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Key daily interactions with Designers, Graphic Team, Sourcing and Suppliers
- Develop products in the right quality, price and at the right time.
- Drive the price and lead-time negotiation process towards the suppliers and ensure final product is aligned with category’s range plan.
- Be on top of sales and secure competitive assortment.
- Be the link between designer and suppliers and make sure that the development process and sample handling is being followed, communicated and understood by all involved parties.
- Ensure that product specifications are communicated to Suppliers and make sure that they have understood and are able to meet the requirements.
- Work proactively to source high quality and commercially viable fabrics, yarn and trims that are in line with the brief and category’s range plan.
- Drive, follow and act up on test reports of materials and final samples to ensure a high-quality standard across the products.
- Work together with your team to ensure fits and shapes.
- Develop garments in the most sustainable way.
- University degree within textiles or related.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience with preferably woven products in a similar role.
- Experience from product developing, price negotiation and production.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Google, Excel, PLM data base systems and Word.
- Able to manage high paced work and keep deadlines while maintaining flexibility.
- A humble team player with great communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Positive and passionate.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter at the latest by 2020/10/25. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.