Do you dare to fail and never stop learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should never stop learning.
About the team
You will be part of the Merchandising team and as a Merchandise Planner you will drive the business with a consumer-centric approach creating the right product offer, in the right quantities, at the right time at the various points of sale for your assigned headgroup; Mens, Womens and Kids/teens & outlet. The goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate merchandise that meets its requirements. That way we can deliver value to our customers through high-quality products and facilitate sustainable growth. You will report directly to the Head of Merchandise Planning and work both closely with your team and cross- functionally within GANT.
- Responsible for developing the seasonal merchandise assortments (bottom-up plans) for assigned lines and ensure plan reconciles with topline financial plan
- Ensures the right balance between brand and volume drivers to ensure optimal product flow. Incorporate the estimated impact of seasonal marketing stories, initiatives, and key consumer moments into plans.
- Assortment and option planning - develop and execute assortment analytics and reporting for categories.
- Ensure the Omnichannel allocation strategy aligns with the overall inventory flow strategy. Identify any gaps and develop strategies to maximize inventory productivity.
- Contribute to the development of departmental and cross-departmental working practices to support the delivery of company objectives
- Through an in-depth analysis of product performance highlight areas of opportunity/risk to develop the merchandising plans
- Develop strategy by maintaining a working knowledge of the markets through regular review of competitor pricing, offer, and trends
- Recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Develop effective promotional strategies to optimize inventory productivity and maintain healthy turns
- Create ad hoc reports to support the business; inclusive of, but not limited to, weekly sales and inventory reports to identify top stores and SKUs, as well as under-performing stores and SKUs.
Post – Season
- Recap the performance of the assortment including average weekly sell-through, color performance, and SKU productivity - provide insights and recommendations for future season planning
- Define Close-out assortment for outlets
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably within merchandising or economics
- 3-5 years of retail merchandising experience
- Experience with inventory management with a focus on shrink and profit margins
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of fashion industry in conjunction with different channels of distribution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; computer proficient with Microsoft applications
- Have a creative eye and be able to visualize concepts
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong systems understanding
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Fluently in English written and spoken
- Team leader experience
- Commercial awareness
- Thorough understanding of both syndicated and internal data, marketing research, and current product sales and industry trends.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter by 2020/10/25. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.