Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
As part of the Product Team, you will be supporting in driving the product development process from initial design concept through commercialization. The position as Junior Product Developer reports to the Product Manager. We currently have two temporary positions vacant, one within Women's and one within Men's. The role gives you an opportunity to play a central part in the product creation process at GANT. It is crucial that you have a strong sense and understanding of fabrics, trims and high quality as well as passion for sales driven products together with a sharp commercial eye. You will be part of an international team that is driven by the mindset of ‘Never Stop Learning’.
- Key daily interactions with Designers, Product developer, Graphic Team, Sourcing and Suppliers.
- Support in sample handling and development of products in the right quality, price and at the right time.
- Support price and lead-time negotiation process towards the suppliers and ensure final product is aligned with category’s range plan.
- Support in creating competitive assortment.
- Support in making sure that the development process is being followed, communicated and understood by all involved parties.
- Support in communicating product specifications to Suppliers and make sure that they have understood and are able to meet the requirements.
- Support in sourcing of fabrics, yarn and trims that are in line with the brief and category’s range plan.
- Follow and act up on test reports of materials and final samples to ensure a high-quality standard across the products.
- Work together with your team to ensure fits and shapes.
- Develop garments in the most sustainable way.
- University degree within textiles or related.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Google, Excel and Word.
- Able to manage high paced work and keep deadlines while maintaining flexibility.
- A humble team player with great communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Positive and passionate.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV and cover letter at the latest by 2020/10/25. The positions are temporary contracts starting asap and until September 2021. We review applications on a rolling basis and the positions may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.