Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong belief that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the role
GANT is now looking for an experienced Global Technical Director to join our Technical team and drive the next phase of our Technical Transformation. The role will be based in our Swedish HQ but you will lead the Global Technical team.
We need a proven leader who has strong communication skills together with a concise knowledge of both manufacturing and Garment Technology gained offshore and through frequent travel to the supply base.
Pattern knowledge coupled with fitting and construction expertise as well as a clear understanding of “best sealing process” to deliver consistent fit and premium quality.
A clear understanding of “Best in Class” technical process within a global setting and experienced in implementing change progression Digital awareness is a must, with knowledge of the latest Quality and Fit solutions out there! Trims and packaging also sits under this role giving the Technical Director complete ownership of the product quality.
- Responsible for maintaining and evolving an effective end to end, Technical process that delivers consistent high quality products for the GANT Brand
- Continual development of the Technical Team, supporting the transformation with the right capabilities in place to deliver the change.
- Supporting Sourcing via technical certification of our factory base from sample rooms through to manufacturing sites
- Managing a supplier certification program to deliver quality ownership
- Lead the Trims and Packaging supplier strategy
- Manage and drive all KPI’s to deliver “What Good Looks Like” in our Technical process
- Digital and automation solutions in the Technical process
As a leader, you should promote a positive and enthusiastic team environment. You will be responsible for cascading strategic initiatives to direct reports and empowering team members to drive the business forward.
- You should have at least 20yrs experience in the industry with a strong Technical background, previously operating at Head of Garment Technology or Technical Director level
- Proven experience directing a large, successful, global team from both a Quality Assurance and Garment Technology perspective.
- High level of Technical fit experience, coupled with sealing best practice and customer focused knowledge of markets
- Solid understanding of manufacturing with an ability to review and correct technical processes at a factory level
- Strong capability to resolve all technical issues, delivering solutions and corrective action plans
- Knowledge of global testing requirements for all countries, including China
- Strong English Language skills, both written and spoken
- Strong communication capabilities
- Change management experience in and capabilities to deliver the plan
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree within relevant field
Apply with your CV and a cover letter by 2020/12/23. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.